Friday, September 02, 2005

Stockholm - Overview


Let me start the trip with Stockholm. Stockholm is one of the most beautiful national capitals I have ever visited, Its scattered with close to 11 islands(main ones). A walk around the islands is really wonderful and walking around the city's waterways and parks is a glorious way to spend a week-long stretch of European summer. If u have to pass through Gamla Stan - the old town its particularly spectacular.
So my trip started with walk going around and understanding the places. Bought a Stockholm card and went around. The boat Stockholm-af Chapman & Skeppsholmen is a youth hostel which is located both in an old sailing ship & an building adjacent to the ship. I was lucky to get in the ship which you can see in the above picture. This city really a lovely one. I just feel in love with this city. More on other locations later.