Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dedication


Here in this space I’m bragging about my intrepid travels, I credit this travel experience of mine to Sachin Pokle. I remember some time on a snowy day in Jan 2001 from Koblenz, which is called as Germany’s most beautiful “corner“. Koblenz is so called for the reasons that it has a very picturesque landscape of the Rhine and Moselle and surrounded by four low mountain ranges and its a 2000-year-old town. Deutsches Eck is the point where the Rhine and Moselle join and flow again. I would recommend the river cruise, or travel by train from Frankfurt to Koblenz or Frankfurt to Cologne via Koblenz. This is a journey one needs to undertake by train or river cruise or by road as this takes through numerous castles along the river side.


Ok on our trip to we made our way to Garmisch Partenkirchen and then to Zugspite. It was a wonderful journey. Today every time I go to the Alpine areas either for ski or for mountain walking it always reminds me only of Sachin. This trip was an awakening to the travel animal in me. Our journey was an adventures as we had to change some 7 trains to reach that place. When we landed there it was dark and we had tough time finding a hotel. That’s when I learnt from him how to plan for a trip and how to face the challenges that arise. From then on (touch wood) till today there is no stopping to the travels I undertake.

The next day we took the cogwheel train to the Schneeferner glacier on the Zugspitzplatt, to visit Germany's highest church and to watch the skiers in action. Eibsee is the first frozen lake I saw while going up, From the Zugspitzplatt station we took the glacier cable car to the highest peak in Germany at 2,962 metres.


Every time I meet people I have new experience to share. I always wanted to thank Sachin. There is no better way to dedicate him. He is my FPG (Friend, Philosopher and Guide). The learning I have made is great and wished I worked with him longer. Thanks to Guru also who had been asking me maintain a weblog of all the travels I make. Ok I recently bought myself a book from Lonely Plant series which was sent by Chandra with great difficulty. Will post more on its content as I read on.