Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A walk in the snow mountains

A walk in the snow mountains
Wanted to go for Snow walk for a very long time, the problem is u need a car to drive to a place and then start this and reach the other point. This activity can be done in a place where there is a cross-country ski is possible. Just 30 minutes from Grenoble we have 3 mountain ranges. Last weekend at 11 on Sunday I get a call from Gauri asking me if I would be interested to join her for a Ski along with her friend Monika. Straight away I accept the invite and join them and we went to Chamrousse . Then we drove to Plateau de L'Arselle and they both went on Ski, I was very tempted to ski but I wanted to try this raquettes circuit. So we decided to meet at some point up above the hill. I intended to walk upto Lac Achard but gave up half way through as its very difficult to walk in the snow. Went to the place where we are supposed to meet and then back home. Thanks Gauri for making my dream come true. Monika is the Director for Sociology department, it was a wonderful time to be with such people, driving back to Grenoble we had excellent discussion on varied topics.
The Map of the ski treck can be found here