Friday, December 02, 2005

Kon-Tiki

When I visited Bhavik’s web-log about his cross Atlantic adventure the first thing that came to my mind was about Thor Heyerdahl and the Kon Tiki expedition & his museum in Norway. This is one of the best museums I have visited, it details about the adventurous of Thor Heyerdahl. The Kon-Tiki Expedition, The Ra I and Ra II Expeditions & Tigris are his major adventures. The one thing that moved me totally was - Since Heyerdahl had to abandon his expedition due to war, In protest against the wars, he eventually set fire to Tigris. This reminds me that I’m yet to write about my travel long on the Norway trip, this I would be doing it soon. One should learn a lot of lessons by visiting museums. The adventurous of Thor Heyerdahl and the purpose behind them really inspired me a lot. The picture is the shot when Thor Heyerdahl set fire to Tigris. The picute below miniature version of the ships used for expedition.

My wishes for Bhavik on his adventure.