Monday, January 30, 2006

Oresund Bridge - Connecting Sweden & Denmark


This article from Uma reminded me that I haven’t still posted about my trip details to Copenhagen and Norway. How can I miss Norway #@#, I’m gonna spend more time towards the weekend and finish the same. In the mean time here is some amazing fact about how Sweden and Denmark are connected. Its called the Oresund bridge and this
links Copenhagen(Denmark) & Malmö(Sweden). The Oresund Bridge consists of a tunnel, a bridge and an artificial island. It’s a magnificent drive that I undertook from Malmo to Copenhagen. It was in the morning hours and I was traveling from Malmo, the third largest city in Sweden, to Copenhagen. Its an amazing site to see how the bridge enters the tunnel which is constructed in an artificial island. This was done so that the shipping is not affected due to the construction of the bridge. Here is more info on that Read on
The picture on the left gives u the ariel view and the one on right gives a side view how the bridge submerges.