Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Long way to update - Learning to SKI

It's been long since I had posted on this on the weekend plans. There a lot to write will soon will upload the photos and then do the posting, let me start here right now with last week and then carry on with the others later.

At the moment I have joined for my SKI classes. Got a nice offer from my company at a very subsidised price. Great deal. I had doing Ski on my own with the technique I learnt, but last week it was all different. I had been to the Prapoutel ski station in the Belledonne mountain ranges.

Here are some info of the SKI resort - Les 7 Laux Prapoutel Altitudes
1050m - Max Vertical
2400m - Highest Run
1350m - Lowest Run
1350m- Resort

Following are the lessons learnt last weekend in addition to what I knew earlier
# Learnt how to stop (this was the biggest problem for me, I never learnt in earlier, now is better)
# How to control the speed (this is very dangerous if u don't know how to control, I had banged a few people)
# How to fall the right way when u can't control :-) to avoid an accident
# Learnt to make turns
(earlier on slopes I used to go cross, fall, then pickup the ski's, manage to get in and then go cross, fall again)
# How to stop when u r going in reverse
# Learnt to walk with the SKI's on
# Get into the SKI's when u fall in the middle of the slope (this is a trick really learnt, I had struggled for hrs. earlier not knowing this)
# The best of all - safely get into the SKI lift and go on and get out of the same there after

More later on the other ski lessons