Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Raclette

For those of you who haven't a clue, perhaps I'd better explain what it is. Raclette is essentially melted cheese, served over boiled potatoes with lots of ground black pepper, and accompanied by any dish you want to . The name comes from the French verb "racler", to scrape, because of the way the melted cheese is scraped off the block.

We used this nice round device like a grill, which has special pans to melt cheese slices and fry things. Since I'm a vegetarian, just had them with Potatoes. I invited Indu, Natasha & Mugdha to join me for a vegetarian raclette, we missed Niru for the session. I prepared Potatoes with Cauliflower with some garam masala and there we go on a Saturday evening for a session on Veg. Raclette.


Thanks to Indu, I didn't know that we need to scrape off the rind on the Raclette cheese. Also I need to mention that the entire device and the cheese was given by my house owner to me, So thanks to them for making this a memorable one. I keep getting a lot of gifts from them. Yesterday I got a packet of Walnut from them. They are very sweet.