Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Grenoble

Grenoble
Grenoble is a wonderful place to live; it's a paradise for people who want to lead an active life filled with academics and sport. Situated in the heart of the Alpine mountain range Grenoble is the capital of the French Alps. In addition to its rich history, Grenoble is a highly advanced city steeped in technology and is often referred to as the "Silicon Valley" of France, which is the reason why I'm here :-) It's also famous for the number of universities that are around. All around the year sports buffs enjoy mountain activities such as hiking, mountain climbing, skiing and snowboarding, rafting, kayaking, and canoeing. It location is pinned in a way it's very close to Switzerland, Italy, and the Mediterranean coast.
The reason why I have written all this is the there is a hindi movie shot, mostly songs, in Grenoble/Lyon/Annecy/Chamonix which is really very sweet one. Vaada is the name of the movie, I don't intend to write the review. In that movie one can have a good look of the Alpine region in summer. The tram I travel, the place we go for trekking(Bastile), This photo is the view of Grenoble from the bastile.

Being winter now, one thing I miss a lot is the snow, I don’t mean to say it doesn’t snow in Grenoble, it does. But the problem is the mountains around get more share. I like the view a lot from my house and from my office. Just 20 minutes drive, u r on to the mountains which are covered with snow. Today I woke up to beautiful snow, so soft and tender! Anyway I’m delighted to see a white view. This season snow fall was the best of all the year's I have seen. It was very mild and it was so romantic. Ok I need to go and pickup my coffee cup to feel warm.