Saturday, February 07, 2004

MY FIR on SKI experience ...

Last weekend went for a Ski .. oh what an experience ...
It was fun. It requires great technique to do that. I fell down close to 5 times and on the 6th time I picked it up so perfectly... only to try to learn how to stop. I managed to stop and then started skiing in the reverse direction. What a fun it was…fear mixed with excitement is the only way I could describe... let me try to put as best I can as how I skied, I’m a math’s graduate so let me give you geometrically.

When u slide down u come in a line, say which is 180 degree in a straight line with u r chest facing the snow and gliding down....then to stop u should take a 90 degree turn which is relative to the line from the straight line u will make an perpendicular one ...
This is how u stop... later before I could go back to the 180 position I made a further turn and came to 0 degree which is just the opposite of the direction i came in at 180 degrees...so I was traveling in reverse...with my back facing the snow. In simple term I was traveling in the reverse direction. My back facing the snow.
That’s sheer fun. I might go for a ski again one more time ... its sheer fun.