Sunday, July 31, 2005

Germany - Freiburg



Welcome to Freiburg, sunny capital of the Black Forest, close to the French and Swiss borders. I made my way to Freiburg by river Rhine, I learnt some interesting facts about the river 15 million tons of goods are transported along the Rhine, Europe’s most important waterway.
Basel of Swiss, Mulhouse of France borders this southern region black-forest city Freiburg. This very city has captured my heart truly. I had to decide between Heidelburg & Freiburg, and these are the five primary reasons why I chose this city.
#1 The water ways that run along the sides of all the main streets on both sides of the road
#2 The way the streets are craved with colored pebbles, u will just love them to walk on



#3 Cathedral was completed in 1513 - making it the only German cathedral to be completed in the Gothic style


#4 Proximity to the Cuckoo clock manufacturing facility ;-)
#5 Last but not the least the Black Forest with its vast forests, open mountain heights and peaks with grandiose vistas, its deep and mysterious cirque lakes and charming valleys.

Few thinks I like during my stay, the hostel we stayed just on the foot hills of the black forest and the Bollenhut traditional hat with its pompoms suits , if the color of the balloon is Red then the girl is unmarried and if its Black she is married.