Friday, March 18, 2005

Long way to update - Learning to SKI

It's been long since I had posted on this on the weekend plans. There a lot to write will soon will upload the photos and then do the posting.
At the moment I have joined for my SKI classes. Got a nice offer from my company at a very subsidised price. Great deal.
I had doing Ski on my own with the technique I learnt, but last week it was all different.
I had been to the Prapoutel ski station in the Belledonne mountain ranges.
Here are some info of the SKI resort

Les 7 Laux Prapoutel Altitudes

1050m Max Vertical
2400m Highest Run
1350m Lowest Run
1350m Resort
 
Following are the lessons learnt last weekend in addition to what I knew earlier
# Learnt how to stop (this was the biggest problem for me, I never learnt in earlier, now is better)
# How to control the speed (this is very dangerous if u don't know how to control, I had banged a few people)
# How to fall the right way when u can't control :-) to avoid an accident
# Learnt to make turns
(earlier on slopes I used to go cross, fall, then pickup the ski's, manage to get in and then go cross, fall again)
# How to stop when u r going in reverse
# Learnt to walk with the SKI's on
# Get into the SKI's when u fall in the middle of the slope (this is a trick really learnt, I had struggled for hrs. earlier not knowing this)
# The best of all - safely get into the SKI lift and go on and get out of the same
 
More later on the other lessons