Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Normandy beaches

















Normandy beaches for D-day history is very famous one. During my visit there I visited a few beaches also German & American cemeteries. More on them in the next post I wanted to have my favorite picture captured – me with the wave rushing in and hitting the shore. I some how managed to get this one only, the funny thing was I wanted Alex to be with me when the wave hits the rocks, the moment he saw the wave he ran way, see below for the picture.


Now about the invasion, The liberatopn of northwest Europe began on June 6, 1944. The Normandy beaches were chosen by U.S., British & Canadian because they lay within range of air cover, and were less heavily defended.
Six divisions were to land on the first day, three more division were to follow up to assault and had cleared the way through the beach defences.
The famous D-day landing beaches are UTAH BEACH, OMAHA BEACH, GOLD BEACH, JUNO BEACH, SWORD BEACH in France.