Monday, June 13, 2005

Journey updates - Glacier express to Polar express

I’m not talking any thing about any express trains here. It’s about my trip to India. Before I went to India I made a trip to Swiss where in I traveled by Glacier express then to India to Chennai aka Madras, Nellore, Chennai, Nellore, Chennai, Bangalore & Chennai where I watched The Polar express then to Grenoble.

The moment I landed in India I made a quick visit to meet G and the same evening left for Nellore for my brother’s engagement, Oh my God I could not withstand the heat at Nellore. I’m still wondering, having born and brought up in Chennai how is it that I was not able to withstand the heat. Engagement went well with close to 80 people attending, Then later in late evening was happy to spend some time with M after a very long gap, one of the happiest moment of the trip.

Then back to Chennai before I start my meetings with banks a visit to the famous Kapaleshwar temple at Mylapore. I had forgotten my HDFC debit card in France and my ICICI card had expired. What a surprise was awaiting me there with financial crunch? Inspite of having money I was not able to use the same, with marriage around the corner and my credit card companies refusing to increase the credit limit, had a tough time for shopping.

Then comes the best part of all the time, While this bank issues going on in one end and I was busy applying visa for the UK, with this Visa(not the bank card), I should be going to Scotland, I don’t know when don’t ask me. I was expecting this to be one of the toughest tasks but on the contrary banks gave me the tough time and I was able to get my Visa with ease. In between all these everyday I used to start from home at 6.30am in the morning and reach late in the night around 11.30 pm, happily distributing the invitation of my brothers marriage, Pat comes the question so when is your marriage, I grin and ask if u have any girl can you refer me and slip from that place before they ask me any futher questions.

Having completed one primary tasks of my visit to India having completed - getting the UK Visa, I have to move ahead for the main task, my brother’s wedding. Now heading back again to Nellore after visiting Srilaks, thanks for the handycam and the perfume Sri, met G, Chand & a few of my friends whom I met after a very long time. The only person whom I missed is P as I could not meet her as planned in Frankfurt airport. Chand and I had met after a very long time. For the last close to 3 yrs. When I’m in town he would be out some where else in the east and when is in town I would be in Europe. So finally we made it a point to met him so work him up at 6.30 in the morning and had a small chat with him. With some tear-filled parting for which I was not prepared, which made me to self-assure that I should be soon coming back to India soon as I miss all this fun & companionship.