Thursday, April 17, 2008

Growing old @ Garage - an historical place



As the tradition goes even on this birthday also I’m out of the country. With loads of meeting to attend I did make my day a very special day. I received some sweets & flowers from my wife and a cake from Hari’s family and last but not the least loads of wishes from all of them.

Ok here goes a bit of history about HP, after graduating from Stanford University in 1934, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard with the encouragement of Stanford professor and mentor Fred Terman, the two decide to start a business, Hewlett-Packard Company is founded January 1, 1939 with a coin toss.

This is the historic Garage where they manufactured their first product and started their business and then the history goes on.
Another historic day the city Palo Alto was founded on this day 16th April some time in 18th Century