Friday, February 03, 2006

Copenhagen

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb into his skin and walk around in it – Yes this is what I feel after a long time. Not in the literal sense, after close to 2&half months I put on my shoes and started walking. What a great relief. I’m still recovering from the injury, even now with great pain I’m walking around with the injured leg. A couple of travels in the coming days hope I would have all energy to do this cover this distance . Ok as mentioned earlier let me start with Copenhagen.


The picture here is taken in Copenhagen, one of the wonderful capitals of the world with a royal touch. Copenhagen means Merchants' Harbour(havn) in Danish, the history behind Copenhagen, capital of Denmark is located in an island called Zealand, & goes like this.
It seems there was lady who had four sons (they are represented as bulls in the picture) and she was given only one day time to make her living from sunrise to sunset. So all she did was she ploughed the land in the form a Z(zealand) and thus at the end of the day she asked god/king to give this to her for her living. Some thing like this the story goes. If anyone can give me the more detailed version of this I would be able to update here.


Copenhagen is famous for the little mermaid and for a lot of other things. I shall come to those later. This picture is taken in the city centre. This is a building which has the temperature indicator. It ranges from +25 to -20. There exist two climatic conditions, its green winter and white winter, needless to explain here why it so. It seems if the weather is bright and sunny then the lady with the cycle comes out on top and on a cold gloomy day she comes out with an umbrella. The day I went u can see her coming out on a bike there.