Sunday, November 21, 2004

When You Have Finished


Mixed
Originally uploaded by Venkata.
Some thing interesting happened on 18th the 3rd Thursday. We had the awards function for the last financial year which followed the lunch session. It seems the third Thursday of November every year in France that's when and new wine for the season is released. Now coming to Indian food I have graduated to prepared Gobi Manchurean, which is a happy event to note for me.

Food this is some thing I die for, I hope a few not. For me after coming to France it has been an adventure every time I go to a lunch or dinner out here. I keep my finger crossed till the dish is served. One best thing about the food is the bread that's served. For my breakfast these days I just hang on to the Croissants and the lunch with a soup and a spread of desserts available in the office which includes cheese, you have a wide range to select from, So I really enjoy my lunch. Cheese comes in various varieties. In the last one month I had more Cheeses and various varieties. That's about the French food. And coming to dinner I'm an Indian that's what reminds me of the food I need to eat.

The best thing that prompted me to write this is about table manners. The common way to show that you have finished your meal is to lay your fork and knife diagonally across your plate. Place your knife and fork side by side, with the sharp side of the knife blade facing inward and the fork, tines down, to the left of the knife. The knife and fork should be placed as if they are pointing to the numbers 10 and 4 on a clock face. There is some other way to say that you are not happy with the food. But what is this picture is all about. I have decided in the picture the best way I feel when I dine with these people.
What is it? Confused, that's why I have placed the knife and fork pointing out.